Coordination and Partnerships Building Specialist
Brief description of the vacancy
Coordination and Partnerships Building Specialist of the Central Asia Climate Information Platform (CACIP Specialist)
Are you a self-starter, critical thinker and creative problem solver? Are you looking for a rewarding experience and gaining practical insights on digital solutions for a multistakeholder collaboration? Are you passionate about making an impact in the region and jumpstarting your career in international development? Are you willing to acquire unique analytical, coordination and partnership building skills? If you are interested and feel confident you are a good fit for this vacant position, please take your chances and do apply!
This position is ideal for hardworking young professionals (transitioning from early-career to mid-level) that are seeking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic, creative, and results-oriented team. You will be positively challenged to learn, grow, and perform at the edge of your abilities.
This assignment will allow you to:
· Build professional connections and engage in networking opportunities with multiple stakeholders in the Central Asian region (including international development agencies, IFIs, national policy makers, academia and expert communities, CSOs, private business);
· Strengthen your professional portfolio by working on complex and innovative projects with a focus on knowledge exchange, policy dialogues, multistakeholder cooperation, sustainable development, climate action, and digital transformation;
· Gain practical insights and hands-on experience in building and promoting an information platform, building and recharging a community of practice, organizing high-profile events, and building innovative partnerships;
· Learn firsthand about mandate, mission and current transformations within CAREC, its programmatic focus and project activities at the local, national and regional levels;
· Enrich your understanding about current state of environment, climate change, and sustainable development in the countries of the region;
· Contribute to raising awareness and influencing green national priorities, policies and strategies of the Central Asia countries.
The Central Asia Climate Information Platform (CACIP) is developed to facilitate access by stakeholders to public-domain data for climate assessment and decision-making. This platform will help stakeholders to access, analyze, and visualize public-domain data to support improved awareness, assessment, and decision support. The Platform is expected to make available comprehensive and up-to-date relevant data and information, linking with high-quality datasets from global, regional, and local sources, provide analytical tools and interfaces for the visualization and interpretation of data and information. CACIP is developed by CAREC within the framework of the World Bank funded initiative Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Program for Aral Sea Basin (CAMP4ASB) led by the Central Asia Regional Environmental Centre (CAREC) in collaboration with the International Centre for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA).
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main objective of the assignment is to ensure a full functionality, troubleshooting and access to the up-to-date contents of the CACIP, organize and help implement relevant M&E and assessments, assist with production of knowledge products based on demand and with measurable feedback from target groups, strengthen existing and develop new partnerships and provide thematic support in capacity building and outreach activities. It is expected that the CACIP Specialist will closely coordinate with CACIP developers, CAMP4ASB RCU team, GIS Specialist, IT Specialists, communication expert and group of national experts and consultants.
For a detailed information (including Scope of Work, Deliverables, Qualification and Requirements), please review attached Terms of References (ToR).
CAREC invites applications from eligible candidates. It is expected that your application materials clearly and professionally demonstrate your relevant strengths - technical competences, skills, qualifications, experience and specific accomplishments in performing similar tasks/ projects.
Your application should include:
1. Curriculum Vitae (or Resume) in English language;
a. Provision of references or links that clearly demonstrate candidate’s relevant accomplishments, knowledge and skills is considered as an advantage and will expedite the evaluation;
b. Contact details of all supervisors (full name, position, organization,) and
c. Additionally, contact details of at least 3 professional or academic references (full name, position, organization, relationship to candidate) to support your application with specific feedback and examples of your performance and accomplishments;
2. Brief motivation letter (max 1000 words) in English and Russian languages.
n.b. Titles of both attachments (CV and Motivation Letter) and email heading should start with: CACIP_Specialist_YourName
The applications must be submitted via email to Mr. Sanzhar Mustafin, Procurement Specialist not later than 11.59 pm of July 10, 2022 (Almaty time)
Primary email for applications: SMustafin@carececo.org
Copied to: email@example.com