11 startups specializing in improving the quality of life presented themselves at Pitch Day at the Astana Hub
To determine IT solutions for the development of infrastructure and improve the population's quality of life, Astana Akimat and the international technopark organized another Pitch Day. The projects were evaluated in four areas: education, healthcare, security, and regional management.
"All conditions are set toward the growth of the IT industry and digitalization, as it is an integral element of today's akimats and ministries. Digital technologies have entered our lives, and I hope that all the initiatives you present today will already be implemented at the city level. Astana City Akimat is always ready to assist. Astana City Akimat is always willing to help. So, on this day, congratulations to everyone. I wish you the best of luck!", - noted Yerlan Bekmurzaev, deputy mayor of Astana, while opening the event.
Eleven startups at various stages of development, ranging from concepts to ready-made solutions, have shown a desire to launch a pilot with the capital's akimat and contribute to the city's development. For example, the project "Accessible Yard" addresses the issue of access to emergency services in residential courtyards by installing automated barriers and gates. Alina Barmagambetova suggested the Aiel Space app, offering a safe movement environment for women. Another IT solution presented by the participants was Teacheers Lab. It is a community where teachers can improve and solve professional problems.
The following participants also presented their projects:
- ITLS - an educational service for interactive assignments;
- Halyq aitsa - an application for minimizing the time and different resources spent on collecting signatures for complaints and suggestions;
- Jaryq - an educational platform with virtual internships;
- Anthill - a project that brings together all participants interested in ensuring a "comfortable" city;
- Firewatch – an early warning system for fire departments that monitors all structures in Astana;
- TazaLike - an application for effective cleaning of the city;
- tedac.kz - an application for gas, water, and oil transportation and monitoring of energy and technological parameters metering;
- ASGOR-ZHER – accounting system of land relations.
The event was held in a hybrid format - offline and online. The potential of startups was evaluated by:
- Yerlan Bekmurzaev, Deputy Akim of Astana;
- Meirambek Ashirbekov, Head of the Department of Digitalization and Public Services of Astana;
- Yersultan Yermanov, Director of the Department of IT Industry Development of the MDDIAI of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Nursultan Kaldybaev, Chairman of the Board of Astana Innovations JSC.
As a reminder, the capital Akimat and Astana Hub announced a search for IT solutions, allowing startups to propose their ideas to Akimat and contribute to the city's development. Therefore, startups could exhibit their initiatives in front of the Akimat and contribute to the city's development. In addition, participants had an opportunity to network, share feedback, and collaborate with city structures and other startups. After Pitch Day, each participant will be invited to a meeting with representatives of the Digitalization Department to continue working on project development.