Registration of Astana Hub technopark participants
How to apply?
It is necessary to create a profile on the Astana Hub portal and submit an electronic application with the necessary documents attached.
What taxes are Astana Hub members exempt from?
Tax preferences provided for Astana Hub participants are as follows:
- Corporate income tax - paragraph 4-3 of Article 293 of the Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On taxes and other obligatory payments to the budget" No. 120-VI dated December 25, 2017 (hereinafter referred to as the TC RK);
- Value Added Tax (hereinafter referred to as VAT) - p. 45), 46) Article 394 of the Tax Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- VAT on on particular imported goods - article 399.1.17) of the Tax Code, Order of the Minister of Digital Development, Defense and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated March 18, 2019 No. 10/NC), except for the EAEU countries;
- VAT on the purchase of works, and services from a non-resident - subparagraph 3) paragraph 2 of article 373 of the Tax Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Individual income tax on salary of Astana Hub participants’ employees that are residents - article 341.1.50) of the Tax Code;
- income from capital gains - article 288.2.11) of the Tax Code;
- income of a non-resident from a source in the Republic of Kazakhstan - subparagraphs 3-1 of paragraph 2 of Art. 644 Tax Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Royalty tax - article 644.2.4-1) of the Tax Code;
- dividends for non-residents - taxation at a rate of 5% -article 646.3 of the Tax Code;
- Social tax for foreign employees – article 484.3.3) of the Tax Code
Can I sign an agreement with Astana Hub using EDS?
How long does it take to process an application?
Application lead time cannot exceed 15 (fifteen) working days:
- preliminary review by Astana Hub of the application and documents for completeness and proper execution - no more than 5 (five) working days from the date of receipt of the application
- review of the application and documents by the commission and making a decision on the registration of the applicant as a member of the Astana Hub - no more than 10 (ten) working days from the date of receipt of the application.
Who is a member of Astana Hub?
Astana Hub participant - a legal entity - a resident or non-resident of the Republic of Kazakhstan, deriving income from the implementation of priority activities and registered as a participant in Astana Hub, who has received the appropriate certificate, which has the right to use Astana Hub services, the right to receive tax benefits, simplified visa regime and other benefits provided by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
How to determine whether the company's activity is a priority in the field of ICT?
The list of priority activities was approved by the Order of the Minister of Digital Development, Defense and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 11, 2019 No. 37/НҚ.
What are the requirements for Astana Hub participants during registration?
- not related to organizations implementing (implemented) an investment priority project in accordance with Article 284 of the Entrepreneurial Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated October 29, 2015, as well as an investment strategic project under investment contracts, concluded before January 1, 2015;
- fifty or more percent of the shares (stakes in the authorized capital) of which are not directly or indirectly owned by the state, national managing holdings, national holdings, and national companies or their subsidiaries;
- which is not a subsoil user and a participant in a special economic zone;
- who is not a payer of excisable goods in accordance with Article 461 of the Tax Code;
- deriving income from the implementation of activities corresponding to one or more types of activities specified in the List of priority types of activities approved by the Order of the acting. Minister of Digital Development, Defense and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 11, 2019 No. 37/НҚ;
- which has no branches at the time of application for registration.
Can a company located outside Astana become a member of Astana Hub?
Yes. Registration as participants of Astana Hub is carried out according to the principle of extraterritoriality, which is valid until January 1, 2024.
What documents do I need to submit to Astana Hub to register as a participant?
The list of documents required for registration as a member of Astana Hub is presented in the "Documents" section.
Can I submit documents in English?
Yes. The application and the documents attached to it are formed and attached at the choice of the applicant in Kazakh or Russian, or in English. When providing documents in English, Astana Hub provides their translation into Kazakh or Russian.
Is there a business plan template?
Yes, is presented in the "Documents" section.
Where can I get a document to fill in information about the number of non-residents and residents planned to attract for the implementation of the project?
The document can be downloaded during the online registration in step 2.
If the company was created recently, is it necessary to provide information on the absence (presence) of debts, which are recorded in the tax authorities?
What is the procedure for registering a company as a member of Astana Hub?
1. Submission of an electronic application with the obligatory attachment of the necessary documentation on the Astana Hub portal.
2. Preliminary consideration of the Astana Hub application.
3. Consideration of the application by the commission.
4. Notification of the decision of the commission based on the results of consideration of the application.
5. Conclusion of an agreement on the terms of participation in the Astana Hub.
6. Issuance of a certificate confirming the registration of the company as a member of the Astana Hub.
7. Inclusion in the List of registered participants of Astana Hub.
Is there a fee to register as a member of Astana Hub?
No. Free registration.
After submitting an electronic application, do the original documents for registration need to be submitted to the Astana Hub office?
No. The original documents are not provided to the Astana Hub office. Applicants submit an electronic application with the attachment of the necessary documents on the Astana Hub portal at the link: https://registration.astanahub.com/.
How to find out the status after submitting an application?
All messages and notifications regarding the application are sent through the Astana Hub portal to the applicant's personal account. You need to track messages in your personal account.
At what point does a company become a member of Astana Hub?
The company becomes a member of Astana Hub from the date indicated in the certificate issued by Astana Hub.
What is the period of tax relief?
Tax incentives are valid until January 1, 2029, with the exception of royalty tax, which is valid until January 1, 2024.
Does participation in Astana Hub programs (acceleration program, incubator program, etc.) entitle the company to receive tax benefits by default?
No. In order to receive tax benefits, it is necessary to go through the registration process, as a result of which an appropriate certificate will be issued and an agreement will be concluded with Astana Hub, which regulates the conditions for participation in Astana Hub.
Do I need permission to hire foreign workers?
No. This requirement does not apply to Astana Hub participants.
For how long is a work visa issued?
The visa is issued for up to 5 years.